Friday, April 21, 2006

Am I in the Right Business?

Or should I with my MBA (and JD, and LL.M.) be making a lot more money in the private sector as an executive. I noticed that CBS is in the midst of making a multimillion dollar decision, following my advise. Well, I'm just kidding; I doubt they actually read my blogpost; however, that they adopted an idea virtually identical to what I suggested they do does show perhaps that I have the mind for making these kinds of decisions (well, let's see how it works out first).

What am I talking about. A while back I suggested that

Howard [Stern] come back to CBS and stay at Sirius at the same time. Negotiate a contract between Stern, Sirius and CBS. Just like the local affiliates of receive nationally broadcast shows via a Satellite feed, have Stern do his unedited show from 6:30 or 7:00am till 10:00am on Sirius. Then, that day, from 9:00am-12:00pm have the "edited" version of the show air on CBS stations. Hire engineers who can edit all of the stuff that could possibly cause trouble with the FCC within two hours or so of the broadcast (so you'd be hearing a show that is 2 hours old).


And now it looks like CBS is going to do this....Except they are doing it with Opie and Anthony.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - CBS Corp is in talks with XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. to bring back radio bad boys "Opie & Anthony," replacing rocker David Lee Roth in his embattled run to succeed shock jock Howard Stern, a person familiar with the matter said Thursday.

Both XM (down $0.80 to $22.48, Research) and CBS Corp. (up $0.14 to $24.70, Research) declined to comment, but the person familiar with the matter said the two companies were discussing a satellite-to-terrestrial radio syndication deal under which CBS (up $0.14 to $24.70, Research) would air a three-hour version of the "Opie & Anthony" show to be simulcast uncensored on XM, followed by two hours by the duo airing exclusively on XM.

No comments: