Friday, March 05, 2004

Sullivan on Stern

I count myself a fan of both Andrew Sullivan and Howard Stern. (Am I one of the rare few, or are there many others out there?) The following is a rarity—Sullivan commenting on Stern. I don’t think that their wires have ever crossed before. Both of them and myself share one thing in common: a more or less libertarian ideology.

From www.andrewsullivan.com:

“'My days here are numbered because I dared to speak out against the Bush administration and say that the religious agenda of George W. Bush concerning stem cell research and gay marriage is wrong. And that what he is doing with the FCC is pushing this religious agenda. And also the fact that the guy takes more vacation than any President ever. It's time for him to leave. Having said that pushed me off the air in six markets.' - Howard Stern, venting. I have no idea whether Stern is being paranoid or not. Since I don't really function before 10 am, I don't have much exposure to him. But I like his spirit; and I do think that Howard Stern and Howard Stern listeners are not people the president needs to alienate in an election year. And it says something about the fragility of the Republican coalition that he feels he has to. Bush is doing his damnedest to make it hard for anyone who isn't a paid-up evangelical to support him this year. Why?"

No comments: