Monday, March 02, 2009

Facebook:

I finally took the plunge and joined Facebook. If interested, here is my profile. Seeing how many folks from my graduating high school class are there scared me. There are probably more folks that I DON'T care to know about (and to know about me) than I do. There weren't nearly that many on MySpace. What is strange is, with many of them, I don't just go back to high school with them, but some to Kindergarten. And I'm burdened with vivid memories back as young as 3 years old. (I remember portions of my childhood better than last week).

I'm reminded of this part of Dylan's "Tangled Up in Blue":

All the people we used to know
They're an illusion to me now.
Some are mathematicians
Some are carpenter's wives.
Don't know how it all got started,
I don't know what they're doin' with their lives.


Except I DO know what they're doin' with their lives.

No comments: