Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Before He was the Farting Preacher...:

Robert Tilton was one of the most amusing religious con artists that skeptical minded folks loved to watch for entertainment value. Yes, I know he conned a lot of suckers. And that's why despite the fact that what I'm about to show you resulted in less entertainment for me, this piece, very entertaining in itself did the public a service: It brought down the Robert Tilton empire. It truly crushed him. He tried to make a comeback, but you could tell that he jumped the shark and lost his fire in the belly. Since then he's been phoning in his performances. But this 1991 or 92 Prime Time Live clip that I just found on YouTube exposed Tilton and did him in. I can't tell you how many times my best bud Dave and I watched this after I taped it on my VCR for a laugh.





No comments: